Last updated: 10th April 2018
This privacy notice describes the categories of personal data we process and for what purposes, and is effective from 10th April 2018.
- We take your privacy seriously, and are committed to following the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) whenever we collect, store and use your data.
- Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) provides help and guidance to make sure we apply the best standards to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information our DPO can be reached by contacting us here, or via post to: Seiretto Ltd, .
- We collect information about you to process your order, and save the data you enter: name/address/email address/telephone number/domain name (or potential domain name).
- The information we will collect about you is solely restricted to the data you enter when you order or contact us, with exception of some data, such as your IP address (Internet protocol address) and other unique identifiers when you login, order, or contact us using our website contact form, which is used for authentication only. However, we do not use, and never have used, Google Analytics, or use any other third-party tracking software.
- We collect details of referring websites in a cookie. The information we collect within this cookie is used to identify which other web site sent you to us, this does NOT identify you. No personal details are stored within the cookie.
- We also collect information about those who use our domain name lookup
tools (Whois/DNS/MX/TXT/Blacklist lookup), recording the domain names
checked, the time and date, and the IP address from which the lookup was
made. This enables us to assertain user types and when it is found to
be a commercial company, government department, or University we may
mention the organisation name on our main homepage (Seiretto.com);
by using the lookup tools you are giving consent for us to use your
- We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to your data by ensuring all data is transferred and stored in an encrpyted format, and all data captured via our website is done so via a secure connection (SSL) using the latest Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption.
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- When making a payment to us via PayPal we will share your email address, domain name and amount due with PayPal.
- Each domain registration we are required to share the data you provide with
the relevant registrar.
- For GOV.UK and AC.UK domains: we will share the data you provide with JISC (the data will include that which is required for the application process at the time of application, see: https://community.jisc.ac.uk/library/janet-services-documentation/eligibility-policy).
- For other domains we share the data you provide with our domain registrar (DigitalMesh and HeartInternet) this includes the domain name, and the domain name contact details you provide.
- For each web hosting account/VPS/Hybrid/dedicated server purchased we will share your email and domain name with our relevant partner (HeartInternet or Clook) to allow for setup and access to the relevant control panels, and to enable forgotten password functionality for those control panels.
- We will communicate with you about our service status/planned outages, service upgrades, and renewals via the email details you have given us. Where you have given us consent you will receive a monthly newsletter. You can withdraw this consent by updating your preferences, to do this login: http://seiretto.co.uk/clients/login/ and click "Modify" in the "Your details" section. The same method can be used to modify all the other personal details we hold about you.
- Once an account is terminated any related data will be removed from our systems within 60 days.
- Enquiries from new potential customers will be stored initially but removed from our systems within 90 days of the most recent contact (unless they become a customer).
- Sometimes we need your consent to use your personal information. We will not always need consent to use personal information – for example if we need it to remind you of the imminent renewal of existing products you have with us. Where you have given us consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- You have the right to
cancel an account at anytime (please see our
terms for details of our service
If you have questions or concerns regarding the above privacy
document then please contact us.